Monday, August 15, 2011

FITTING TOGETHER PERFECTLY

FITTING TOGETHER PERFECTLY

In Paul's letter to the church he had planted in the city of Ephesus, in chapter 2 we see the secret to the proper structure of a local church. I have been looking for a local church for years, in which I felt I "fit". I was even part of a small "church" for 10 years in which I didn't fit, even though I was supposed to be the quote "pastor" at the time! But because, at that time I didn't have a proper concept of God's plan for church structure, it was not a good experience either. Thank God for His patience with us followers of Jesus, in showing us that becoming a spiritually mature person is a "process" and not an "event". Because I have been a "slow learner", it has taken me over 20 years to even start to understand the process. Now I'm too old, and because of the physical effects of this process, can only pass on to younger generations what I have learned in this process. And because we all were created with a free will, with which to make choices, what I write will only be understood by those who will read and heed what I offer.

As I now see this problem of not fitting into a local church structure, is not only the fact that the structure is not scripturally correct, but that we haven't been taught what we should have been. This falls back to the spiritual leaders we were under when we were "saved", who should have "disciplined" us as Paul did his converts! We naturally understand discipline as something we receive when we disobey some certain command given us by our parents, or anyone in a place of authority over us. But what about a situation where those people who are placed in this place of authority over us fail to carry out their God given task?, and when you add to that the fact that in some cases those who should be giving the instructions don't know what their task consists of?  Then we have a "real problem", and I suggest that this is the basis of our problem with local churches!

The answer to this problem is a simple one really, we all need to get "back" to the Bible. And this goes for our spiritual leaders, as well as their church members, who should both be followers of Jesus! His directions for living a life here on earth, that not only is meant to prepare us for Eternal Life in heaven, but also a life that will please Father God now! After all is said and done, is that not what this life on earth is all about?
Sincerely submitted.
Dave Jamer'

No comments: