Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Creation

CREATION

 

This article is based on one written by Andy Snoke, and published in The Sharon Star in the Nov/Dec 2009 issue. He begins by saying "The eternal mysterious past known only by God, is interrupted with the timeless words "In the beginning". He goes on to say that this is not meant to imply that this is the beginning of all that the Creator has done, but only what was necessary to give us the story of "our" beginning as the human race. He declares in the second paragraph "you soon find out that there is much more that God has not revealed to man, than there is that is revealed to man."

 

Our brother goes on to talk about the apparent "gap" between the first and second verses of Genesis one. A theory I have been aware of for many years, which leads to the possibility of Satan being involved in making our planet "without form and void", as Moses describes it in (Gen 1:2). Surely our Perfect God never created it that way! He then had to restore it in 6 days to again make it capable of sustaining life. I have always found it interesting that the word used to describe His actions in this restoration process is a Hebrew verb translated as "let", and not the word for "create" used in

(Gen 1:1). Could this not be meant as a command to Satan to release his hold on the creation that he had brought under bondage at the time of being "cast out" of heaven? See (Isaiah 14:12-17). Then we have other scripture passages like (Ezek 28:12-19) that seem to allow for this possible theory.

 

I realize this is only a theory that is impossible to prove from scripture, but it certainly seems more likely to me than to believe that our universe is only 6000 years old! I have always had a hard time to believe that ever since I read in the margin of the first KJV Bible we ever owned that Adam was created around 4000 BC. At the time I had recently been exposed to my first scientific data that indicated that our earth was probably millions of years old. I was not at that time a believer in Jesus, and this caused much confusion in my mind. Then when I came across the "big gap theory", that settled the problem for me. Since becoming a follower of Jesus, some time later, and studying scripture now for many years, I have had no reason to change my belief in how our universe came into being. And the time factor is not a problem to me, I just put the pre-historical creatures in this gap! And leave the unknown things to God who knows everything! (Deut 29:29)!!

Sincerely submitted.

Dave Jamer                                                     Revised 05/09/13

No comments: