Tuesday, January 26, 2016

My Big Problem

MY BIG PROBLEM

 

I confess to having a problem that seems to be getting bigger every day, since I started to spend more time studying the Bible several years ago. It has to do with certain well known Bible teachers teaching doctrines that according to my new understanding of scripture are not true. I used to believe and teach these same doctrines for years, but since changing the way I have been approaching scripture lately, God has been showing me a different way of understanding certain passages. I had been taught they meant certain things by my leaders, but once I started using a "Face Value" method of understanding scripture, and laying aside what I had been told, the scriptures suddenly came alive to me! I have been given more "illumination" on certain well known scriptures by the Holy Spirit, that changes the meaning all together. And my problem centers around the area of "why do these experienced teachers" still keep spreading the same old lies to their hearers? This is the basis of my problem!

 

All I did was to realize that the same Holy Spirit who inspired the authors of scripture, (2 Tim 3:16-17), is the same Holy Spirit that indwells me as a simple follower of Jesus, and I could just ask Him to show me what He had in mind when He told them what words to use. It is a very simple process, and the results have been surprising, giving me a completely different understanding of passages that I thought I knew what they meant. Then I have to be bold enough to make public this new understanding, which often comes against the doctrines of "long standing" in our churches! This can result in you being considered a "rebel" or perhaps a "heretic", or worse. Everyone desires to be well thought of by their peers, and I am no exception, so it is still hard to dispute the doctrines that have been accepted, and taught, in our church circles for years, without being challenged. This is also part of my problem, and I will have to settle it with the Holy Spirit as to what to do with the new things He is showing me. So I would ask you to remember me in prayer, that I might have humility and wisdom as I try to introduce some of the results of this new "illumination" that God has been bringing to me   that are quite a bit different from what we have been taught. I certainly do not consider myself any sort of an expert on Bible interpretation, but simply a follower of Jesus, trying to walk in such a way that my life, and my actions might please the Father. I believe this should be the goal of all of us who claim to be followers of Jesus!

Sincerely submitted.

Dave Jamer                              Revised 30/11/15       

No comments: